Friday, January 7, 2011

What you Do

I saw this blog post by David duChemin a few weeks ago.  What an incredible encouragement!!!  It makes me think about Matt 6:25-31, goodness gracious our life is ABSOLUTELY short.  Jesus tells us to seek first HIS kingdom and HIS righteousness; to trust in HIS promises of provision for us.

To me, it's more than just doing something to realize a dream, it's realizing that the grandest dream possible is to pursue Christ.  What is HE calling me to do and to be?  He has set us free never to be burdened again by a yoke of slavery (Galatians 5:1).  You have what you need to go and be obedient, to follow that greatest dream there ever was.

Are you lighting fires and setting others ablaze?  Are you living your life?

If you're feeling ambitious, read post number 16 by Chris Plante on this response to David's blog on living your dreams.  Tell me what you think!

2 comments:

  1. really encouraging. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This hit me when he said "sometimes our reasons [for not pursuing our dreams] are only excuses."
    What excuses do we have for not having faith that Christ will provide and show us the way? We can't reason our way out of God's call to action! B I G big things happen for those who follow Christ because he enables and prepares us to make his dreams for us come true. I don't want my desires and ambitions anymore when I think about the bigger things He has in store for my life.

    ReplyDelete